SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] quiet computer
- To: Ken Foskey <foskey@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] quiet computer
- From: Ben Donohue <donohueb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 21:03:19 +1100
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Thunderbird 126.96.36.199 (Windows/20090812)
I've read that sinking it in an oil bath reduces the noise and gets rid
of the heat quite well...
Sunflower oil is OK but pure Aceite De Oliva Espanol Moro Pure Olive oil
Make sure it's the 100% pure (no cholesterol) so you can also drain it
six monthly and cook some hot chips in it as well.
My Italian wife swears by it.
Ken Foskey wrote:
My computer is too noisy. It is not graphics because it is not used
much and when it does there is enough background noise. It is the power
supply and cpu fan that kicks in with cron at 2 am in the morning.
I was thinking about adding fluid cooling, is this worth it or else
can I where can I get a powerful 24 hour home system that will run