SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] quiet computer
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] quiet computer
- From: Mark Walkom <markwalkom@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 18:59:55 +1100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=hW7dpute2Quid7Avqydnjgy84JrgLbRyNdCGCA7aUps=; b=JH5iH7plojQ61Tbc2otyfk3ZBLigvpyJBBlKc7Jc9Duzttp7t3XkVx/VISdHdY7hA5 q13e2dWj6v05/OJHKrid7bvQ5icKvB7f/gHCbMw/gyIxls1L3PiuKidP9BWOVSUFxiP9 U2s4whTv7NdGKGgFRpdusmvGuuQiBf+7y18Co=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=S9+91OqHNykpUprjQWf4MUMjhh6FPbr1+dGXBzaMA4uJ7lhiWIgNE60VX4N9iCqYKS pO0h9oROhs4lD1bjBBY5oLFlLmJRA+fEvC3S/121GBiTKcj3TUkVd+2oMUHcbneUlwP+ 4Dkaa3LXv9znQItjL/1itRFl2S6z7DrVTwzd8=
Take a look at the Noctua range on 120m fans.
I'd also replace the GPU fan/heatsink as they are noisy even when idle.
2009/10/7 Ken Foskey <foskey@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> My computer is too noisy. It is not graphics because it is not used
> much and when it does there is enough background noise. It is the power
> supply and cpu fan that kicks in with cron at 2 am in the morning.
> I was thinking about adding fluid cooling, is this worth it or else
> can I where can I get a powerful 24 hour home system that will run
> SLUG - Sydney Linux User's Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/
> Subscription info and FAQs: http://slug.org.au/faq/mailinglists.html