SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] web based firewall config tool wanted
- To: Grant Parnell <parngr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] web based firewall config tool wanted
- From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 14:02:50 +0800
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mutt/1.5.13 (2006-08-11)
So why not talk tot hem about what would be required, versus trying
to craft a whole management ui? :)
On Wed, Sep 23, 2009, Grant Parnell wrote:
> They don't have an openvpn client setup as far as I can tell. That is
> pfsense and m0n0wall (monowall). Otherwise excellent choice.
> Adrian Chadd wrote:
> > Uhm, m0n0wall and its decendants?
> > On Wed, Sep 23, 2009, Grant Parnell wrote:
> >> I'm finding it difficult to believe there's no simple web based firewall
> >> configuration tool. I'm going to be running a cut-down Ubuntu-Hardy off
> >> compact flash (read-only root filesystem) with mini-httpd and wish to be
> >> able to configure either shorewall or ufw or even iptables directly with
> >> a web browser. I can add in the bit that does the OpenVPN client config.
> >> I guess for round one it'll be non-customer configurable and I'll just
> >> login with SSH and use ufw.
> >> I have looked at Fwbuilder and am tempted to go with that. It would
> >> essentially push out the configs via SSH and execute them... assuming
> >> the unit is reachable.
> >> --
> >> SLUG - Sydney Linux User's Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/
> >> Subscription info and FAQs: http://slug.org.au/faq/mailinglists.html
- Xenion - http://www.xenion.com.au/ - VPS Hosting - Commercial Squid Support -
- $25/pm entry-level VPSes w/ capped bandwidth charges available in WA -