SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Dreamweaver clone for Linux ?
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Dreamweaver clone for Linux ?
- From: Martin Visser <martinvisser99@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 14:42:23 +1000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:cc:content-type; bh=A+rpsRaOXbYvzkCnKO0eCN+dUM4y8xmhJBAdHL8eS0Y=; b=e2GXn5MxGgEvnD5brLskxGTF/Lr5C+lM+ZPVezkuNhlRBzFEWRPFQ1fmqMo1kCSCHK r0FnoOfO5RODjUqNgXOzhnbjMb0rx2a+KWEPQzP3kW9BS0k5pGIuqr2YMO8DkMM5rhvK f96XYF++J/MQuXhAmZ0ueRjGRwf6TWe/qryjo=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:cc :content-type; b=Yhe8/zpJnRHvFbpjhhFqMOV9uBmGD4RbB9loJ3WGlXU5i8+zLaC609G4rUd1Jtplwg etaT3wak5fakGG/LyHJiZJuRRzq9e4/ggxOgDTVDiSN8TKD0/9p9hVuhpxIfNPY4Nna2 4eACsOMfyWn608j+ceJewe8L4F7xc8OJ01y6k=
On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 1:56 PM, Ishwor <ishwor.gurung@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> PHP is full of bugs and security vulnerabilities(all the time). It
> maybe easier to learn+program comparatively but I would rather not
> bother with it.
> I would rather suggest that junior start with Python.
I'm a big Python fan, but I reckon you can code up just as many insecure
sites or web frameworks in Python as you can in PHP.
Certainly there is a gazillion well put together PHP based sites and
frameworks, that are standing up in pretty well against the elements of evil
that are out there. So I wouldn't dismiss it so lightly.