SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] September SLUG Meeting: Friday, September 25 2009
- To: announce@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [SLUG] September SLUG Meeting: Friday, September 25 2009
- From: "Rob Weir" <rweir@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 13:36:07 +1000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=simple/simple; d=ertius.org; s=2009; t=1253158571; bh=LzYpWMPsCEXApZDUt1vTprMNFTBhCF/8H6nQKy5yRb8=; h=From:To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=X91X s/uwR4AXCYaPh+OzLp4/cTyOs/sxOR2oM4ZYvCAvEEwhYMur4fGqO2bQoWq57iP6tNb ReuazcHspO3TISmvW7xlofLsB+iqWlTDEwuROSvLfM4v5E8scieNXiOHJyB9qwtl90G T0Igza0Jq0+wTCpeCmN/JKvaimCEj5TKY=
- Organization: Ertius
- User-agent: Gnus/5.110011 (No Gnus v0.11) Emacs/23.1.50 (gnu/linux)
== September Monthly Meeting ==
You can read the full version of this announcement at
SLUG's monthly meeting. Meetings are open to the general public, and are
free of charge.
Our venue is now Google, Level 5, 48 Pirrama Road, Pyrmont.
It's across the road from Star City Casino. A map of the area can be
found here, and public transit directions are at . Appropriate
signage and directions will be posted around the building.
You will need to sign-in to enter the venue. This can be performed when
you arrive, but to save time we recommend that you do so online
beforehand at Anyvite. If you are unsure, please sign up as a
'maybe'. This allows us to organise adequate meeting space and
facilities. You do not need to create an account to indicate your
We start at 18.30 but we ask that people arrive at least 15 minutes
early so we an all get into the building and start on time. Please do
not arrive before 18.00, as it may hinder business activities for our
This month's sessions are:
Marc Titmuss: Ingres and the transition from Closed Source to Open Source Company
The reasons, the challenges and the successes of Ingres's transition to
become an open source company.
General discussion and Q&A about Linux, free software and open source.
We have lots of space, so we can also break off into other smaller
We have heaps of room available to us at Google. If the talks do not
grab you, feel free to come along and hack away on your favourite
project in the designated Hacker Space.
See here for an explanation of the segments.
* 18.15: Open Doors
* 18.30: Announcements, News, Introductions
* 18.45: General Talk
* 19.30: Intermission
* 19.45: Split into two groups for:
o In-Depth Talk
* 20.30: Dinner
Dinner this month will be held locally, Details will be announced on the
night. We will be taking numbers at the beginning of the meeting. If you
have any particular dietary requirements (e.g. vegetarian), let us know
beforehand. Dinner is a great way to socialise and learn in a relaxed
We hope to see you there!