SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Nokia one-ups IBM on Linux marketing
- To: Daniel Bush <dlb.id.au@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Nokia one-ups IBM on Linux marketing
- From: db <db.pub.mail@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 23:59:03 +1000
- Cc: slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :from:date:message-id:subject:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=XXBFkqVnLcXFMN0WF3m1z8u515O7MzZnzwJFzpaXZWY=; b=o7ofUIc2Hy5LnGD1S6xazc4KIUqOMvA2v68WTKvGO1boYRChVzYhq7jjNtGTw9y4lE NBN+Ldvd0JMpbk2jnBLDApP9OID/jFTUug9J3VnZbVfCLXcjCUnpYPEPm/hD8Q7pPjXC StOMYayMFQb3GDmR3hl9y5PG/BC410LWcZBJE=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=t8knHHJRKkfATOgyTs4SaW8AkhUFAvpCW9x6CBgoWd42frfNu16RG0uAr5dELgY0/y VjH5+O6KV2iY2SMxixaGNrUKUrLfayhA91zGhxFlNuI0Nb4lEXNCNs3KzSsKrNlNz6Y6 X2UjLhNLJeTnG2JEOpnF+dEEGyo41JK2o8hQE=
While... it is cool ... I already run debian on my phone ;) (openmoko user).
This phone is just cool, mostly due to the insane / awesome hardware
in it + the fact its from nokia and running linux. I can't wait to see
one in real plastic :)
2009/8/30 Daniel Bush <dlb.id.au@xxxxxxxxx>:
> 2009/8/28 Adam Kennedy <adamkennedybackup@xxxxxxxxx>
>> Hi gang
>> You may have noticed recently that Nokia has decided to pack a fairly
>> beefy Linux setup into their new super high end phone.
>> What I didn't notice till today is that they've also had a shot at
>> making the shiniest ad for a Linux OS yet :)
> What they didn't show was this:
> That sold me right there (well for novelty value I guess).
> Imagine being able to apt-get on your phone. It's great (and a little
> suprising) to see a big company running with the debian system like this and
> leaving it pretty much open unlike apple. I hope they kickass with this
> product - although it's almost too geeky-cool to last/succeed.
> On one of the forums I was reading people were talking about making use of
> the Xserver on the phone to access apps on beefier machines - some mention
> of nx enhancements to X for slow connections. (yes, I also know about rdp
> and vnc)
> Daniel Bush
> SLUG - Sydney Linux User's Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/
> Subscription info and FAQs: http://slug.org.au/faq/mailinglists.html