SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] linux firewall/vpn devices wanted
- To: SLUG list <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] linux firewall/vpn devices wanted
- From: Kevin Shackleton <kevins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 18:48:15 +0800
- Reply-to: kevins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jumping substantially out of the $500 ceiling, are there any opinions on
the Seagate BlackArmor NAS devices?
They are Linux, have 2 Ethernet ports, so should have some potential for
firewall plus various server functions, all in a relatively low-power
On Thu, 2009-08-06 at 16:49 +1000, Terry Dawson wrote:
> Voytek Eymont wrote:
> > On Mon, August 3, 2009 4:46 pm, Grant Parnell wrote:
> >> Something sub $500.00 that's small, runs linux and is customisable. It
> >> probably should have 256MB of RAM and at least the same in flash and two
> >> ethernet ports and at least one USB port.
> > Alix or Eber from Yawarra ?
> I'll second this. Nice pieces of hardware if you're serious about it.