SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Using a VPS to get an Australia IP address desktop
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Using a VPS to get an Australia IP address desktop
- From: Gonzalo Servat <gservat@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 09:08:12 +1000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=3nSZopeE/MHiWWsNyPeOcoROl9tUOyg8JCCxMXFs2NA=; b=va+rgJ+V7VAzYe9q64zzwbdqZ3tpTs8b/vSNtC3mfWBoVZib6hXVzdSw7DFMUtRvdF zwE1SKkzeinSW+9p3a1CkpvQRbNy+dTt7XzdWDv6FdPjLUqe5y2X+XcdrCFW81exNIFU fr8IWJB8ENmg6MTox185xIh21USpUjsO10aE0=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=n2TNF3q+oyHvv36zNCEuUPEm/cOKfURmLL3LbvTjPqg8HELSXrDR0dpjpPTJqhkGgo iSst0LuBnFNYSb0ZbibJnp2NhucmH0Pp1BbwgI4bzgJTw/CVSGEbYDKJZzGF0hYLJI0T A8Di52ev6relT1d3/3+zProXZhJM8QyHYQqe8=
On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 7:46 AM, Richard Hayes <nada@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Richard Hayes <nada@xxxxxxxxxxx <
> http://us.mc252.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=nada@xxxxxxxxxxx>> writes:
> >> I am setting up a VPS with RDesktop. Does anyone know of a good guide?
> >Do you mean that you want to use the Windows RDP protocol to provide
> access to
> >a Linux GUI? >>Otherwise, you probably want to clarify what you are trying
> to do.
> Sorry, I was not clearer.
> I need to have a remote user in China obtain an Australia IP address for
> their desktop. It is needed as local auction sites are not allowing overseas
> IPs to trade on the Australian sites.
If that's all you need it for, wouldn't it be better/faster to set him up a
proxy server on this end and have him point to the proxy when he wants to go
on aussie auction sites?