SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] petition for multi-platform etax software
- To: db <db.pub.mail@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] petition for multi-platform etax software
- From: Jeremy Visser <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 18:28:20 +1000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:sender:subject:from:to:cc :in-reply-to:references:content-type:date:message-id:mime-version :x-mailer; bh=ntNjteu+t7ChnHjvwPqoeCAygSHkCTVV+ESPCikgwCM=; b=wiD2Wzg3RIInl7g3Bf4ews7lBIQvyY9+jVmlYpEoLvq3bqP2cvNhwDdfpWDsqyv290 o6jkTsADWB1l/Z+9XHueyFjBgWH7a4AEw5Eh957JIdS4QhchRFkVs4eoubh0VVM3wjrc oVWuIemsqvi+bIRK1AOCfn4iJ7gmOdKFn8cVk=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=sender:subject:from:to:cc:in-reply-to:references:content-type:date :message-id:mime-version:x-mailer; b=um7PMN9bIK3AIQDMBAFUvEfTXE2eiA8m/wWJBx0D69tz6i8UPDUZXwt0W4gmYJO8Kx MmGbuB9N6V4wmyaaIv148OOJcDIin4Dcrj/s7hB+eiJfOG4Hyq89/vzjEkBFtrvaf2b9 2OEsImuf/GN1/i1T07GjiRqu6KhQnxqzjC7NA=
On Fri, 2009-07-17 at 18:11 +1000, db wrote:
> Perhaps they should to the smart thing and remove the 'client'
> (program) and host it on a ssl site, which you can use with any good
> browser. It is just a 'fancy' program with export / import methods
> which uses SSLeay + ie isn't it ... ?
Agreed. From what I understand, all the CSI software does is get you a
client-side SSL certificate. Once you have that certificate, you can
export and import it anywhere. At least, I darn well hope so.
I do believe they could implement the current system with the built-in
functionality of browsers. I went to CAcert some months ago, and
Epiphany was fully capable of generating its own client-side
certificate, which it sent to CAcert for signing. I'd be surprised if
IE, even IE6 didn't support it.
They could still implement the current requirement that the security
codes that they e-mail and post to you be provided before they sign the
Description: This is a digitally signed message part