Re: [SLUG] Re: Setting up Bluetooth

Hi I have a question for the list.

Is there a method of automatically accepting vcards over bluetooth ?
Like say you want to have a party and you want to get peoples contact
information.

p.s.
I  know i can just script hcitool scan or use btscanner .... but if
some one can answer my question above that would be great! (as device
names are fairly long etc.).

2009/7/1 konrad Zielinski <kzielinski@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Just as a final update. My connection problems have been solved with
> some assistence from a coworker :)
>
> for whatever reason /etc/defaults/bluetooth had enable bluetooth set
> to off.  and need to be set to on.
>
> After that it was a case of running:
>
> sudo bluetooth-wizard
>
> apperently their is no command line tool that can do pairing at the moment.
>
> I can now mount my phone via bluetooth.
>
> regs
>
> Konrad.
>
> 2009/7/1 konrad Zielinski <kzielinski@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> The obex stuff is what I'm looking for however the problem I seem to
>> have now is getting my phone and my laptop paired. when I try the obex
>> things I get a prompt on my phone asking for a pass code. And I can't
>> seem to find any way of setting this code so that pairing can take
>> place.
>>
>> 2009/6/30 elliott-brennan <elliottbrennan@xxxxxxxxx>:
>>> Hi Konrad,
>>>
>>> This is what I sent to someone recently. Let me
>>> know how you go.
>>>
>>> One of the things I've noticed is that Dolphin -
>>> the impaired brother of Konqueror - wants to open
>>> the files when I click on them. I had trialled
>>> KDE4 on my Hardy install but then removed it. It
>>> wasn't polished enough. So I've still got Dolphin
>>> and it wants to take over in these instances. It
>>> seem to work often.
>>>
>>> One thing to do is ensure you have 'tree view'
>>> activated, as this seems to work better in
>>> Konqueror for accessing the file system on devices
>>> I'm connected to.

>>> Make sure you have:
>>> obexftp
>>> obexserver