SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Any knowledgeable bacula users on the list?
- To: Mark Walkom <markwalkom@xxxxxxxxx>, Sydney Linux User Group <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Any knowledgeable bacula users on the list?
- From: Mark Pearson <markp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 08:45:20 +1000
- User-agent: Thunderbird 22.214.171.124 (X11/20090409)
Mark Walkom wrote:
You should contact the bacula users list
bacula-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. It is a very active list with many
questions answered by the developers._
I've been battling with some issues with our install of 1.38 (etch, stable
release) and I cannot seem to get the backups back on track.
Rather than submit the list to the rather long problem and ensuing configs I
figure I'd ask first.
Essentially the problem is that bacula appears to have lost track of it's
volume retentions and is using volumes (both tape and file) all over the
place instead of linearly.
Amongst things I've tried re-initialising the MySQL tables to get it back to
a fresh slate, but with no luck.
If anyone can assist it'd be appreciated. I'm happy to post config files and
errors as required.
Mark Pearson BSc (Computing)
Technical Support, Dept Nuclear Medicine
Concord Hospital, Hospital Road, Concord, NSW 2139, Australia
Phone:+61-2-97676339 or +61-297677450; FAX:+61-2-97677451