SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Synchronizing from Windows to Linux
- To: Andre Kolodochka <koloda@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Synchronizing from Windows to Linux
- From: Dean Hamstead <dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 11:39:48 +1000
- Cc: SLUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Mozilla-Thunderbird 220.127.116.11 (X11/20090103)
why not use ftp then?
Andre Kolodochka wrote:
Is there something not necessarily based on rsync? ftp, for example?
2009/5/26 Christopher Vance <cjsvance@xxxxxxxxx>:
On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 9:55 AM, Alan L Tyree <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I use unison: http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/
It claims to run on Windows, but I have no experience with that.
It does. I've used it on Ubuntu, Windows, OpenBSD, MacOS, and Solaris.
The biggest problem with Unison is that the protocol changes so
frequently that you may have difficulty finding precompiled versions
for your different operating systems which run compatible protocols.
It may be easier to compile from source, but then you'll need to have
ocaml compilers on the relevant machines...