SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] HTTP server recommendations?
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] HTTP server recommendations?
- From: Daniel Pittman <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 11:12:48 +1000
- Organization: I know I put it down here, somewhere.
- User-agent: Gnus/5.110006 (No Gnus v0.6) Emacs/23.0.60 (gnu/linux)
Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+slug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I need a HTTP server running on Linux with: easy setup, cgi, SSL
> The server will not be at all heavily loaded. Recommendations?
> Apache, boa, lighttpd, something else?
Apache. It still sees the most testing of any of the Linux options,
which means that it is the most likely to be secure, and the most likely
to be fixed first if it isn't.
I would recommend NGINX, but it doesn't do CGI, so doesn't meet your
Beyond that, base it on popularity: lighttpd is a good choice, because
it is fairly popular, but not at the same level as Apache.
 Not popular enough to list as a distinct entry in the NetCraft