SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] A LaTeX problem, with Word.
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] A LaTeX problem, with Word.
- From: Daniel Pittman <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 17:45:32 +1000
- Organization: I know I put it down here, somewhere.
- User-agent: Gnus/5.110006 (No Gnus v0.6) Emacs/23.0.60 (gnu/linux)
> I'm setting a document in LaTeX. I have to include an Appendix.
> Which is a Word document of approx 15 pages.
Well, there starts your problem. :)
> I'd like to include the document in the final run.
> And then use ps2pdf --> pdf file for transmission.
> It's beyond me. Can anyone help, please?
Sure: convert the Word document to PDF using something like
OpenOffice, then treat it as a PDF or PS inclusion in the document.
I don't actually use LaTeX, but ContTeXt, in which I simply included the
PDF. If LaTeX doesn't have that capability I would probably reach for
pdktk to merge the two files together.
 You could also convert to PostScript, but it is actually easier to
get PDF out. :)