SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Re: Linux netbook?
- To: "Rob Weir" <rweir@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Re: Linux netbook?
- From: peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 15:35:10 +1000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Wanderlust/2.14.0 (Africa) SEMI/1.14.6 (Maruoka) FLIM/1.14.9 (Gojō) APEL/10.7 Emacs/22.2 (i486-pc-linux-gnu) MULE/5.0 (SAKAKI)
>>>>> "Rob" == Rob Weir <rweir@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Rob> On 24 Apr 2009, peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> I also installed a Kingston 16G SD card to hold /home; otherwise
>> the 8G SSD fills up quite fast, by the time you've got lilypond,
>> emacs, texpower etc., installed. Of course, your preferred
>> application mix may be different from mine.
Rob> Have you managed to get suspend to work with such a setup?
Yes. The trick is to build a custom kernel and enable
CONFIG_MMC_UNSAFE_RESUME=Y --- otherwise the mounted /home either
prevents suspend, or comes up broken on resume.