SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] usb key took overnight to mount!
- To: david <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] usb key took overnight to mount!
- From: Amos Shapira <amos.shapira@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 04:44:13 +0300
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=MhNht2I2XmyCqE7IngFE4uOTw1A4qUFtWZOP9DvM2fw=; b=Gsr4wpTwTiyX/wu8ZprHVS3MLWBvSfNGpalBD3IYGw5GfD4p+j82azRAZShdVjVPED hqfwTehTKqu75JcRfBIWEPZ9K1NN+fU8qj9lKtVogXeO9IbHPLMDXXn3eAuGZhEvHYO3 XSpt7Xx3yu0BQRSiVJASv982ME+XBGYqf6Ad0=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=MataveH8Pwma3ypN+b/s5oyLftS5w4q2C5O8K0hXNsUmMSmS8MHTOmDE8Hxc+iyfGJ i3xja5RR4fuxJZZm3F2Onpcgt+eqRm1MPO58i7vexFYV/Z7htmmGMnKumGf9CygVzhc0 n8GNsUyDJ3UcP6zGj8QzS8NygaFHUzN0vZJ6M=
2009/4/24 david <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I inserted a USB key which completely failed to mount. No reaction on dmesg
> or anywhere else. I tried it in and out several times then gave up but left
> it in the USB slot for about 18 hours (forgot about it). Even tried a
> different key (which worked perfectly).
> This morning the key was mounted. Is this one of those things where the
> witching hour has to pass, and the moon phase must be in the third quarter?
Maybe check the vendor and device id's to see if they are recognized?