Re: [SLUG] Laptops with Linux pre-installed?

Erik,

I bought one of Pioneer's higher range laptops in May 2006. At this
stage Pioneer sold with or without an MS operating system & like you I
refused to pay the tax. If memory serves me correctly it was called a
Dreambook and has a 64 bit AMD cpu, 1G of ram (since upgraded to 2G), a
17" screen and an Atheros chipset wifi card. It is actually a rebadged
Taiwanese Clevo D470K.

I have had absolutely no problems with it to date. I run Fedora 10
currently. It's main negatives being it's weight (but it is a 17") and
short battery life (about 2 hrs). I mainly use it connected to the mains
however.

Hope this helps.
-
Regards,
Peter.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am
not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein-