SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] April SLUG Monthly Meeting: Friday, April 24 2009
- To: announce@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [SLUG] April SLUG Monthly Meeting: Friday, April 24 2009
- From: "Rob Weir" <rweir@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 16:52:56 +1000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=simple/simple; d=ertius.org; s=2009; t=1240210335; bh=SMDDbqp0N86uJb+mDRkXrwFGLJANKOWvaEAAMVZIdOQ=; h=From:To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=UYa1 nE61/4T/s1aSV0T1FJ/uTb0+9XxLYtWFxup2hPezgQUm/AKHuMh+r4hQ45oZ7NutgNA iozyS2xmSHSznPMRyLzVcQJfbdoRXJtPauLct7v8qkz6VprBOG/5vbIEHkLfaoV74ZX dWNPQVuoDA1ze02em8SownnHQEpzn0eXw=
- Organization: Ertius
- User-agent: Gnus/5.110011 (No Gnus v0.11) Emacs/23.0.91 (gnu/linux)
== April SLUG Monthly Meeting ==
You can read the full version of this announcement on the Web at
18.30 - 20.30, Friday, 24 April, 2009
We start at 18.30 but we ask that people arrive 15 minutes early so we
can all get into the building and start on time. Please do not arrive
before 18.00, as it may hinder business activities for our host!
Appropriate signage and directions will be posted on the building.
Atlassian, 173-185 Sussex Street, Sydney
(corner of Sussex and Market Street)
Entry is via the rear on Slip Street. There are stairs going down along
the outside of building from Sussex St to near the entrance. A map of
the area and directions can be found here.
= Talks =
** General Talk **
Matthew Landauer: OpenAustralia.org
Matthew will be presenting a talk about OpenAustralia.org, a site that
makes it easy to find out who your Federal parliamentary members are and
what they're up to down in Parliament.
** In-Depth Talk **
Andrew Boag: How we built an office Staging/Dev Environment with
OpenVZ and an old workstation
Andrew will tell us the exciting story of how he turned a collection of
leftover hardware and a consumer ADSL connection into a super awesome
** SLUGlets **
General discussion and Q&A about Linux, free software and open source.
= Meeting Schedule =
See here for an explanation of the segments.
* 18.15: Open Doors
* 18.30: Announcements, News, Introductions
* 18.45: General Talk
* 19.30: Intermission
* 19.45: Split into two groups for:
o In-Depth Talk
* 20.30: Dinner
Dinner is at Golden Harbour Restaurant, in Chinatown. We will be having
the $24 Banquet, but we will be collecting $25 per head for ease of
accounting and to cover a tip. We will be taking numbers during the
break to confirm the reservation size. If you have any particular
dietary requirements (e.g. vegetarian), or if you would prefer to order
separately, let us know beforehand. Dinner is a great way to socialise
and learn in a relaxed atmosphere :)
We hope to see you there!