Re: [SLUG] Laptops with Linux pre-installed?

Meijer, Luke wrote:

> Sounds like you got it all sorted then.

Well actually no.

I have so far found one company (and only one) that does a true
Linux pre-installed machine (ie machine with Linux is cheaper
than one with windows):

    http://pioneercomputers.com.au/

Since these do not seem to be name brand machines, I will have to
take extra time and effort to assess the hardware quality of the
machines and the after sales service of the company itself. I
would not really have to do either of these if I bought from
Dell or HP.

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
http://www.mega-nerd.com/