SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] ClamAV disk space
- To: Slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [SLUG] ClamAV disk space
- From: Nigel Allen <dna@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 11:06:35 +1000
- Organization: EDRS
- User-agent: Thunderbird 188.8.131.52 (Windows/20090302)
We installed ClamAV on a linux server a while ago and just (to our
surprise) ran out of disk space.
When I looked in /var/clamav I found a mass of folders, one per day,
with names like clamav-0469ab0d85545be0513157f39be9ccd6.
Each of the folders are 700+MB in size.
I presume that these are virus definitions and that it's safe to blow
any away earlier than today?
An idea why they would still be there and if we've perhaps
Electronic Document Registry Systems
+61 2 9450 2690
+61 2 9450 2691
+61 4 1494 5269
DataSafe™ - Saving over 80% of your postage costs