SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Recovering photos from an XD card
- To: David Gillies <daveg@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Recovering photos from an XD card
- From: James Sadler <freshtonic@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 20:56:53 +1000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=dUfRkoUVMmaF3Zw1uj4LSqhXYGu7trm7kicEwUn50l0=; b=wIky5MjgqDcd8HqatRZ5qIyZumPJS6cyi3RR3gK4tAW03/c5sYEmqOqvO+vGN0oQqf L2iUrJG07+8fDYAMn2YjOQzRrYpP74YlGo2LoE/dFIm/95E4CIFpYBl9zTMcGwuaehgK ntqiKM3XBy7sjJ9THgCbvD7/bPOc8Ab4HETq0=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=ldYImIUc7nUVId7EQKofFUBcKlR7lnaFxo+KBp4jQsnw8xRqXpDR5zWGPbOwjDMmRX n1z/RW7zBviMhvhSeDcNyfT6a4N6eJh7HcAt2U9zIi4Egnj5cZYzmyWzirOyY0Ni/Uo6 4zTYSnvB3csSgdv4eLwq+6SxfNeqzVa4AMoVs=
I was about to dd the XD card to a file, and mount it as loopback and
see if fsck would recover the deleted files but looks like that is no
longer necessary :)
2009/4/13 David Gillies <daveg@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi James,
> James Sadler wrote:
>> I stupidly removed an XD card from my card reader under Linux without
>> unmounting it first. When I put the card back in the machine, most of
>> the pictures were missing. I'm guessing the filesystem is corrupt.
>> In theory the photos themselves are still there. Does anyone know how
>> I could restore these under linux? I am running Ubuntu Jaunty.
> Testdisk is the tool that you're looking for recovering this:
> Its available in the ubuntu repositories.