SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] SyPy Meetup Thursday 5 March 2009
- To: sydneypython@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, coders@xxxxxxxxxxx, announce@xxxxxxxxxxx, Australasian Python Users <python-au@xxxxxxxxxx>, ozzope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [SLUG] SyPy Meetup Thursday 5 March 2009
- From: Mark Rees <mark.john.rees@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 18:32:15 +1100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:date:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=QKmMQyOahaPeoNv0r92vLl1LjWc0GxCaeCRndv05bRk=; b=NGEMtAH9fyFcBy+LTdhINNlulUH8z9vjWzvvG84MkAqHiWyNHfluD4edVNRv/RcR7+ gLSi3HF+wp14GXgfEUMlpzlGHcjp/dlm0Sb0tzHWXCkiNIOiMK4Jt9k2/QMx7t48i8Oa TjKeOfnqW/1+x+UdrRVUn73IqPy9PyV1/UcSs=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; b=V4hzPH3fcmEl7tUgd+5kLvjSJnjQ9atgo+AtRZBrWfq6YbqJKCyNsFfNNW54s6n5b3 9PrBE7i74Rlgl8G1Au6kuMuxfacqh6y3sH+p9RVrbFKcu69GhpjMFxgp+CVaq8iT8oXo 4Pg10EqizTM5HCcLyXtrs4k4/YnAsKBlMkOOo=
SyPy - Mar09 - "Why I chose Django over Rails"
Yes it's time for the second SyPy meetup of 2009.
Start time: 6:45 - *please note start time*
Level 18 Tower 1 Darling Park, 201 Sussex St
Notes: RSVP using anyvite,
Please be outside the elevators at 6:30 sharp and
Google people will escort you up. We will come back for late commers
but if you are really late ring Mark on 0412 688620
"Why I chose Django over Rails" - Ben Sand
Ben will talk about why he decided to use Python and Django rather
than Ruby on Rails for a web project.
He will then discuss his experiences with Django to-date.
After Ben's talk, there will be an opportunity for others to share
Bio - Ben Sand runs his own on-site IT services business and is
studying computer science. To jump on the Web 2.0 bandwagon Ben had to
decide on a framework for a new business he is involved with. With
only some rudimentary programming and system administration skills at
his disposal Django appeared an excellent choice for his project,
owing to its low barrier to entry and powerful feature set one can