Re: [SLUG] Lightweight Distro For Aging Laptop?

Thanks for the tip

Puppy installed flawlessly - sound, X, the lot.

Only problem is the same one I got with Ubuntu. After a while the network stops.

If I run the network setup wizard again the IP address and gateway has been set to all zeros. If I set them again the network starts again.

I'm not sure if it's the card that's playing up. Any suggestions to test?

N/

Blindraven wrote:
Whenever I get the opportunity to use Puppy Linux I'm always overjoyed at how fast, powerful and feature rich the little OS is. It's of course built for the purpose you've stated, and looking over the specs you should have a green light for that card.

http://www.puppylinux.org/

See what you think.