SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Re: Need Help Re-instaling UBUNTU in Sydney, NOT Wollongong Re: [activities] volunteers
- To: Sridhar Dhanapalan <sridhar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Re: Need Help Re-instaling UBUNTU in Sydney, NOT Wollongong Re: [activities] volunteers
- From: Blindraven <blindraven@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 23:28:14 +1100
- Cc: ccsscc <ccsscc@xxxxxxxxxxx>, SLUG list <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=SAbmf/ttWEe7IG+yMomf5DUkWPDIDGHeUNMKmp5yVXQ=; b=mZ/9iSu1b+zxPblmNMobBF0XrZNxErl2RUPS6Ix7O4ZcywRDtbXKoKACUg0PXXw14k UlmsF5+IZJsqPZXgOe4LHhsohmYjMrSnpU3kjU7dcjrOsGcCQlovQfx+dpz2z9RmLJxO fPP7txbRCNsqJ+Qrc8kEQ0d5pY9DqgNiNyAHU=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; b=OlrDYSnzZ3al9CfASoCwKHpJtT3gqKWnJqmpi3Q7SH0y4yw+M3VgQw/lAZXVV4w7l2 w8VE5aFwDOh4paED2M9jHpMHX0d31+J6hGr3H6QdxV4+vU5fSKPUBOuJJEge2czcqXUm tvBEbhSuXO0k9XSvolFTYZweDRmUxzFmZSBAE=
If you have Skype I'd be willing to run you through the install with it.
The process is very straight forward and I'm confident we can get you up and
running without error.
Let me know,
On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 11:11 PM, Sridhar Dhanapalan <sridhar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 2009/2/25 ccsscc <ccsscc@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > Hi Ashley,
> > Need Help Re-instaling UBUNTU in Sydney, NOT Wollongong
> > I am a Slug member who has missed a handful of sessions.
> > I have also had a change of my laptop hard-drive - hence have had my
> > Operating System cleared out, but haven't been confident enough to
> > re-install it myself.
> > Now, I would like to have some help with the re-installation:
> > If I bring my laptop to the next-but one (that is end-of-March) meeting,
> > would someone be able to do the installation for me?
> > That is, using their Internet Connection: I must also stress that I would
> > like to have VirtualBox or similar installed inside Ubuntu, so that I
> > easily switch back to Windows - I need to have some transitional/weaning
> > period before the I can comfortably switch over completely.
> > Please reply e-mail ASAP.
> You might be able to get some assistance during the SLUGlets session,
> but keep in mind that we don't have Internet access at our venue.
> Bring choice back to your computer.
> SLUG - Sydney Linux User's Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/
> Subscription info and FAQs: http://slug.org.au/faq/mailinglists.html
"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are