Re: [SLUG] fast hashing/checksumming tool

(replying to myself)
http://md5deep.sourceforge.net/
seems to be the answer, with a recompile to get the new CSV feature, and using sha1 not md5 seems fast enough.

dave

Dave Kempe wrote:
Hi,
I need to checksum recursively alot of data, and store the checksums in a database. I can do most via a shell script, but was wondering if anyone could recommend a checksumming tool that was the fastest. I know about md5sum, sha1sum, cfv (not recursive enough). I want to be able to produce a checksum of many files (2.1TB worth) for verification against other copies of the files in various locations. I need the fastest available algorithm, not necessarily the most secure etc.
Any suggestions?

Dave