SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] fast hashing/checksumming tool
- To: slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [SLUG] fast hashing/checksumming tool
- From: Dave Kempe <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 20:35:52 +1100
- User-agent: Thunderbird 126.96.36.199 (Windows/20080708)
I need to checksum recursively alot of data, and store the checksums in
a database. I can do most via a shell script, but was wondering if
anyone could recommend a checksumming tool that was the fastest.
I know about md5sum, sha1sum, cfv (not recursive enough). I want to be
able to produce a checksum of many files (2.1TB worth) for verification
against other copies of the files in various locations. I need the
fastest available algorithm, not necessarily the most secure etc.