SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Ask SLUG - IP Telephony
- To: SLUG list <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Ask SLUG - IP Telephony
- From: Gonzalo Servat <gservat@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 01:52:04 -0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=ygJv09+sDQlHtuMSCbBc9qH+Azgo7wt7ixNE4UkxR0Q=; b=cfenEg/MfFtDdPoQkvhsSaOnDSz0mpDgrN/HzAYnKxABXseHCva8K+qJ/22WTtdxhe LVyT9dIga98J5JuUTe13cZz02ic+qB6rWoxHiQB3wTx2xRpzZXMU5tR0vCAf8NoTyTZf cvj5ZFJwz84e/TB/rHHlOJVepVcYSXLzG+jvk=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=W0+JETebBEUXnfYuUNqCiJknwYX7d9XqtUK4tmaytwpPCt1Z3NL/t/uvFc6DzpLBlH hBoM2+cSUbhokGKGkUhteeRrsTn9Dvl08+TWxAEKDfNd1qSasrP8IqSkBHlgyLLVmtel hedaAqquAWOks42pzAdGanmLDDPOdwyg9RAdE=
(Oops, this was meant to go out to the list ...)
On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 9:49 PM, Marghanita da Cruz <marghanita@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Interesting you should use the term PBX....how well does it cope with VoIP
> - ie "logical phones" (identified by internal extensions/owner) that are
> location (city, country etc) independent?
I think it shouldn't be hard to do. I've not had the need to do something
like this apart from being able to connect to FreeSWITCH from home & remote,
but it sounds trivial.
> And what is its reporting billing function like?
I haven't had the need to do any billing with it, but as far as I know it
has a mod_xml_cdr module which basically spits out all the data you need to
do reporting in XML format so you can code your own app to process that
data. I believe work is being done to integrate existing billing platforms
with FreeSWITCH (ASTPP?).