Re: [SLUG] Ask SLUG - IP Telephony

(Oops, this was meant to go out to the list ...)

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 9:49 PM, Marghanita da Cruz <marghanita@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> wrote:

> [..snip..]
>

> Interesting you should use the term PBX....how well does it cope with VoIP
> - ie "logical phones" (identified by internal extensions/owner) that are
> location (city, country etc) independent?

I think it shouldn't be hard to do. I've not had the need to do something
like this apart from being able to connect to FreeSWITCH from home & remote,
but it sounds trivial.

> And what is its reporting billing function like?

I haven't had the need to do any billing with it, but as far as I know it
has a mod_xml_cdr module which basically spits out all the data you need to
do reporting in XML format so you can code your own app to process that
data. I believe work is being done to integrate existing billing platforms
with FreeSWITCH (ASTPP?).

- Gonzalo