Re: [SLUG] Ask SLUG - IP Telephony

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 8:50 PM, Daniel Pittman <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [..snip..]
> > Yes. It works reliably and I haven't touched it for weeks.
>
> Thanks.  How difficult was the initial configuration, and does that
> include ENUM or other policy routing?

Well, like I said, there is an initial learning curve (as you would expect
with something as powerful as PBX) but as with what most/all people that use
the software say about it: it's worth it. Yes, it has an enum module.

> It does have a bit of a learning curve, but it's worth it.
>
> Mmmmm.  Is there an "out of the box" solution to that need, or just the
> ability to build one?  I can, I suppose, put one together, but something
> that just worked(tm) would be nice...

Again, if you just want it to ring a couple of phones when a call comes in
then it shouldn't be hard at all to do. However, if you want to build an IVR
then you will probably have to code it up in one of the supported languages
that I mentioned.

> > Check out #freeswitch on irc.freenode.net.
>
> I appreciate the suggestion, but it is lacks much appeal for me; I strongly
> dislike IRC as a mechanism for technical discussion.

That's a shame. A lot of projects use IRC as a medium for real-time
discussion including FreeSWITCH.

> Is IRC considered the standard mechanism for FreeSWITCH support?

There is a mailing list, as with most projects, as well as IRC support for
those that required something a little more real-time.

- Gonzalo