SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Ask SLUG - IP Telephony
- To: SLUG list <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Ask SLUG - IP Telephony
- From: Gonzalo Servat <gservat@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 21:31:54 -0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=wol0A2mVULjhlgeOTFLHwoMQ/8Yf2NLLm09l0HaQN4g=; b=I4nEZRm7vvknr6iY+TvHe/pseTY+R7GHnAeM73cHOMXoujrTrx4kVVvkj7NJCyQfSP JYphLZ9NYCGTwDl8bkvPLaBhWz7S4JIiA/j/7kv7aN1RWH7/3AVj+fn7F4wKLFLyN2kg ISkAuYefQq1JAm78NRirHn5cUt0azOMes8xBc=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=S97GRZ/ZL6vZmGxpI4lP4Kiz9vgpcJBGJbBFJPW5FrTq2vlYXX8HddTwcnK2RRx21e LO1SRsiJoL4sNg44zNqicCtaAzWFCMUJ6Le8FIjDYt3YBiYxPYMVTzd+csBiuKUBZnu8 1VMl1R+ANIilfAiLm/l/ya/WnFpl2OqWa1zao=
On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 8:50 PM, Daniel Pittman <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Yes. It works reliably and I haven't touched it for weeks.
> Thanks. How difficult was the initial configuration, and does that
> include ENUM or other policy routing?
Well, like I said, there is an initial learning curve (as you would expect
with something as powerful as PBX) but as with what most/all people that use
the software say about it: it's worth it. Yes, it has an enum module.
> It does have a bit of a learning curve, but it's worth it.
> Mmmmm. Is there an "out of the box" solution to that need, or just the
> ability to build one? I can, I suppose, put one together, but something
> that just worked(tm) would be nice...
Again, if you just want it to ring a couple of phones when a call comes in
then it shouldn't be hard at all to do. However, if you want to build an IVR
then you will probably have to code it up in one of the supported languages
that I mentioned.
> > Check out #freeswitch on irc.freenode.net.
> I appreciate the suggestion, but it is lacks much appeal for me; I strongly
> dislike IRC as a mechanism for technical discussion.
That's a shame. A lot of projects use IRC as a medium for real-time
discussion including FreeSWITCH.
> Is IRC considered the standard mechanism for FreeSWITCH support?
There is a mailing list, as with most projects, as well as IRC support for
those that required something a little more real-time.