Re: [SLUG] Ask SLUG - IP Telephony

Jobst Schmalenbach <jobst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> The first thing that comes to my mind is make sure that both offices
> have the same ISP, or (this is a good guess) you are in trouble with
> lag (or am I mistaken here?).

You are mistaken here: having the same ISP may help with latency, or it
may not.  Having the same VSP may help, or it may not.

In other words: "the same ISP" is at too coarse a resolution to tell you
anything useful.  It doesn't hurt, but you can't be sure it helps.

Oh, and part of that comes down to the VSP and the configuration of the
VoIP devices at each office, also.

Regards,
        Daniel