SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Ask SLUG - IP Telephony
- To: SLUG list <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Ask SLUG - IP Telephony
- From: Gonzalo Servat <gservat@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 08:41:57 -0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=Y4eYo6wfQ54BUHZB87t8hW2DnJxCLCLg8+3lAI0501Q=; b=KSV5Ptek3b08eBxZIQoatCq/KC4mkIaQy/S0iFMkuMVdoUH6iEB50usssjK470N/CF PwdxdmB82ljBl2OsG6MKKxlqI529y/tPcFeTPk8mnDdxBRDSPFeaghh6oTDM5zaAjkTc W3dH1EX0Cr8ZNEkJmxI9uMzbEIk0GapzQ5rn4=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=jHmztRK3tKUt+NvLhzJG1uTt5wtBaNKF/gmG5hV32dGca/XyywxtDCRbL0Rs+s1HMm uzQVuha9v2SKEzU12/JACU7HftmJzneodbB50EykTTvOg7rI+qVJTMI7f/aRrLm1eEPx IQMi62yoMibk94Q2p9ehtDpG++roAtsquzeD0=
On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 4:31 AM, Daniel Pittman <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Actually, out of curiosity, and since I want to get rid of Asterisk and
> replace it with something (anything, so help me, anything at all) else.
> FreeSWITCH is popular at the moment; the only other convincing option
> I have run across is yate.
> So, dear lazyweb, can you tell me:
> Have you actually used FreeSWITCH or YATE in a small SIP-only environment?
> Did it work well, reliably and with minimal maintenance?
Yes. It works reliably and I haven't touched it for weeks.
> Did it work effectively as an answering machine for home?
That's how I'm using it right now and it does everything I need. I coded the
IVR in Lua since it doesn't have a made up language like the AEL (eeek).
It does have a bit of a learning curve, but it's worth it.
Check out #freeswitch on irc.freenode.net.