Re: [SLUG] scanner for Linux

Lisa Roberts <lisa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> My HP3300C A4 flatbed scanner has just died, and I am seeking
> something to replace it.  Can anyone advise on a currently available
> scanner that will work with Linux?

No, but I can advise you how to answer that question for yourself:
http://www.sane-project.org/sane-supported-devices.html

See also the list of external providers; the HP software is referenced
from there, and supports more or less everything they do, but check
their HCL to be certain.

That is the software behind all the Linux scanning support, so what it
supports is what will work with Linux.

> New or second-hand is OK.

Then it becomes a question of finding something that meets your
technical requirements, is on the HCL, and is within your budget.

Regards,
        Daniel