SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] useful bash tricks thread
- To: Amos Shapira <amos.shapira@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] useful bash tricks thread
- From: Rick Welykochy <rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 19:29:32 +1100
- Cc: slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20081204 SeaMonkey/1.1.14
Amos Shapira wrote:
Yes but what if you (or someone else sharing the root account) got it
into history by accident?
If I realise that sensitive info made it into the history file,
I remove it by editing .bash_history
You may have to futz around closing that shell and opening a new
one and ensure the info is really gone.
Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services
If you have any trouble sounding condescending, find a Unix user to show
you how it's done.
-- Scott Adams