SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Apps hanging when writing to /dev/log
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Apps hanging when writing to /dev/log
- From: Daniel Pittman <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 11:56:34 +1100
- Organization: I know I put it down here, somewhere.
- User-agent: Gnus/5.110006 (No Gnus v0.6) Emacs/23.0.60 (gnu/linux)
Jeremy Visser <jeremy.visser@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Still got absolutely no idea. Should I attach a gzipped copy of my
> syslog strace output (6.7K) to help get an idea?
You might try generating the strace output with the '-tt' option, which
causes strace to generate relative timestamps of the syscalls.
That should let you see which syscalls were delaying the process, and so
narrow it down to a specific set of options...