SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] Intrepid mulimonitor setup
- To: SLUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [SLUG] Intrepid mulimonitor setup
- From: Ben <shadroth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 00:16:49 +1100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:mime-version:content-type; bh=qedVNTuems7e77G65EYL0ZLutxOqvJNEUOAhzeulLHQ=; b=bakK6M94Ex/+dwytG4NlISZb/b3tCYbLdqOWgUA1PkkIEXz6FmuiwV7VqQ7rYq0Yve 2TizPupMGEx6/2dTnQFKBLo9XwBTVgfs6kEX5pDujFELlpLxvOmnp+gwublD9rzb1FGb cU4wx84pWLUlbjLY1kzSgxKf9Hx+PI2GXqEQQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type; b=uSSMQ7K5DehcSrsrnXcRm0nWFxR6HJMlf+jvbGe/7zPf1uP0pMZGSDZr0Rsxqy3bOT yVCa6VQ0l5ubqWo1eJBlucMG14MkbNiPIT5/XDXglyHDro0Iw6gX0SekgnToUlzQ8wVx I+38LS/tARCmSgDem6XjvLIINEpsnK7teS9h0=
Multimonitors is broken on my Ubuntu:
I have an 8800GT with two DVI heads:
1x DVI with convertor to anlogue Dell 17" 1280x1024@60or75 LCD
1x DVI to 22" AOC 1600x1050 LCD
I know how to configure xorg.conf to make multimonitors beautiful ( 4x 22"
CRTS at 100Hz with 3d and video overlay was my masterpiece) but the latest
Ubuntus seem to make that a non option. Is there anyway to get xorg.conf
configurability back or are my hands tied forever? (sans rewriting all the
stuff that Ubuntu makes easy of course)
I've tried various configurations, and end up with one of the following
* I can't position the monitors the right way round. I want the 17" on the
left and the 22" on the right. I have to live with it the other way around,
or suffer one of the following problems:
* resolution is correct on 22" but only the top left 1280x1024 area of the
1600x1050 display is available for use, I can't move the mouse to the rest
of the screen and when I maximise Windows they only fill a 1280x1024 area.
* Everything works correctly except the 22" flickers off occasionally.
Checked all cables, works fine in Windows.
I've tried swapping the monitor connectors, but to no avail.
I like Ubuntu, so my next step is putting in another VGA card. If that fails
and there is no way to get xorg config back or something similar then I will
try another distro. This is not my favourite option as I don't really want
to add another stack of things to my learning list.
Works fine under Win XP (apart from XP being a complete PITA in every other
way of course).