SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Problem with USB ports
- To: slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Problem with USB ports
- From: Sonia Hamilton <sonia@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 16:54:04 +1100
- User-agent: Thunderbird 22.214.171.124 (X11/20080925)
Chris Allen wrote:
Start with tail -f /var/log/messages, plug in the device, see if it
gives you any insights.
I have a Dell system loaded with Hardy Heron.
The screen has 2 USB ports.
With Dapper drake they worked just fine. Every time I plugged in a
Flash Drive or digital camera, an appropriate Icon appeared on the
desktop (and in the places menu) for me to view and transfer data.
I have lost that since my upgrade to Hardy Heron. With the flash drive
I get no response at all. The digital camera detects that the PC is
connected but the PC will acknowledge the camera.
Can any one advise how to solve this problem?
Also lspci, lsusb.