SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] OT: moving from Access to ...?
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [SLUG] OT: moving from Access to ...?
- From: Sebastian <sebastian.spiess@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 14:39:09 +1100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding :content-disposition; bh=g22xOAHe78ZMbkqT/gRH8NsWuLQ9Q9dooVRvCmWsNXQ=; b=eqnk6uiFGJHeVuA+c4XLQQ4UQ253Gbg+KoTixdqbDBErjoyKjcgUxiQcfducpA8XmZ 3T/SEO57a5FXhE2NZ355Wm6iJoWl4vEoSkpvgLfGCDNibVIeyWwpp8kn0Ct+PcgHjj9+ kRLKEcFj1eL9KFKsZHgnSJ/Ga/835NLWK6RyI=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; b=ACSTtRyqkjq9G0D+IVjNoUeHxf7fcs3Ya448TgklVsu8dtTR6VYCS4jNXi1suod9ER L4JPGhCvMBVE0H6Gu17F5NO2XqMJ9cTO52CWrteQZ6h1Awf9O0O3AsnYr2c31XBDOBQJ hv+9BuD58ytLeopr5H3fBf914DRhs3edbkW6c=
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
this is a bit OT but as I want to do it at home on my linux box I
thought I ask here for some guidance.
For a bigger project at work I set up a access database a while ago -
it does the job but I would like to get away from access.
The database is basically a large list of past job/FEAdesigns for
later reference. At some stage I wanted to import/export from and to
out FEA software (a text file).
I have to admit my knowledge in Access is not huge but I would be even
more keen on learning something more open. I know a bit of VBA and
HTML which is why I thought could there something be done with PHP and
I would prefer to have the reporting and data entry done in a web based format.
Are there any simple good options?
Thanks for any ideas.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (MingW32)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----