Re: [SLUG] ls lists numbers, not owner names

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 1:08 PM, Voytek Eymont <lists@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, October 23, 2008 10:55 am, DaZZa wrote:
> DaZZa, Daniel,
>
> thanks
>
> how to fix, can I recreate clam entry with 'mc' editor ?
> or do I need to 'adduser' ?

Easiest way is to just use useradd. Editing /etc/passwd manually is
not recommended in these days of shadow passwords, because you have to
remember to edit /etc/shadow as well, and that's a bit tricky,
especially when you have to muck around with crypt to get the
encrypted password. :-)

useradd -c "ClamAV scann user" -d /var/clamav -u 104 -s /bin/sh clamav

and then

passwd clamav

should do it. You can add groups manually later. Of course, you should
enter your own shell and home directory paths where the -s and -d
options are above.

DaZZa