SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] ls lists numbers, not owner names
- To: lists@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] ls lists numbers, not owner names
- From: DaZZa <dagibbs@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 13:18:54 +1100
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=CwAFqt8KBewY+Px9NW4zqH8rpnxcxyYZ7vtl80IU6PU=; b=e2tOBTc20mTjvKYP265LMmort/053tIapJ1ax6lZ8sl5HiZFyImkUtk0DgmeDMBWCX 52yji2iUoL1/PBLqFlG/5c3YLaZaKKV/tWnUTS5Fk/G4uT9rbQVAQ2m1FXCa8lXDWnbT SJJAfpTM7muRA7Rv2qJuHbTQL3cXrY6+yvcXc=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references; b=SK4GrnpBNhopmkGSiP3/mFToAocEuh1U31klg1OEvenHDLZoFxjcISjFkBmS+JiF6n oknPxRBYffFHFAvGBHpuqq/DwZmvR5xNvKnDG+Ok7Hxulb7YwYUAGZyqKbUIFzyf5LJ2 NEbsEtTLOPSiq0AldlRYqMrtuNv37E5WqYyP4=
On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 1:08 PM, Voytek Eymont <lists@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, October 23, 2008 10:55 am, DaZZa wrote:
> DaZZa, Daniel,
> how to fix, can I recreate clam entry with 'mc' editor ?
> or do I need to 'adduser' ?
Easiest way is to just use useradd. Editing /etc/passwd manually is
not recommended in these days of shadow passwords, because you have to
remember to edit /etc/shadow as well, and that's a bit tricky,
especially when you have to muck around with crypt to get the
encrypted password. :-)
useradd -c "ClamAV scann user" -d /var/clamav -u 104 -s /bin/sh clamav
should do it. You can add groups manually later. Of course, you should
enter your own shell and home directory paths where the -s and -d
options are above.