Re: [SLUG] ls lists numbers, not owner names

"Voytek Eymont" <lists@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I'm trying to fix my failed clam install, and, just noticed, when I list
> certain files, I get owner/group not as names, but, as numbers;
>
> what is that trying to tell me ?

The entries in /etc/passwd and /etc/group[1] that map the UID 104 and
the GID 105 to names have been removed.

Regards,
        Daniel

Footnotes:
[1]  Technically, the entries returned by nsswitch, which can include
     other sources such as LDAP or NIS, in addition to or instead of the
     traditional files; for the "system" UID/GID space, which these are
     in, it is almost always local files.