Re: [SLUG] Fortress .... err Firewall Australia

On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 15:26 +1100, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> This one time, at band camp, James Purser wrote:
>
> > Here's a radical suggestion, why don't we mandate that ISP's must offer
> > a "filtered service" and see who actually picks it up. Instead of
> > forcing Telly Tubby land on everyone, give it to those who want it, and
> > leave the rest of us who are able to take responsibility for our
> > internet usage alone.
>
> I know it's out of fashion this week, but how about letting the market
> decide?  There are already ISPs that provide a filtered service.

Yar, however given the choice between mandated telly tubby land for
everyone and ISP's having to offer such a feed without moving everyone
onto it wholesale, I know which one I prefer.

If wishes were unicorns I'd love to see it being and entirely voluntary
thing.

--
James Purser