SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Bluetooth a2dp volume control????
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Bluetooth a2dp volume control????
- From: Peter Chubb <peterc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 13:39:54 +1100
- Organization: Gelato@UNSW
- User-agent: Wanderlust/2.15.6 (Almost Unreal) SEMI/1.14.6 (Maruoka) FLIM/1.14.9 (Gojō) APEL/10.7 MULE XEmacs/21.4 (patch 21) (Educational Television) (i486-linux-gnu)
>>>>> "Alex" == Alex Samad <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Alex> On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 01:06:23PM +1100, Peter Chubb wrote:
>> Hi, I've bought myself a bluetooth headset and am streaming audio
>> to it using mplayer. How do I control its volume? Usually,
>> hitting / or * decreases or increases the volume, but mplayer
>> thinks it's sending at 0% volume and it's still a little too loud!
Alex> have you tried changing the volume with alsamixer, mplayer only
Alex> changes 1 volume control and it might not be the right one
Alsamixer can't see the bluetooth device, as it doesn't appear in
/proc/asound --- only the PCI soundcard and modem appear there.
Dr Peter Chubb http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au peterc AT gelato.unsw.edu.au
http://www.ertos.nicta.com.au ERTOS within National ICT Australia