[SLUG] IOWait definition

Hello

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for some doco?

I'm finding it hard to get a definition of what constitutes IOWait.
I know that IOwait is CPU time waiting for IO to happen to physical local disks, but I'm unsure about the following scenarios and if they contribute to IOWait:

- CPU time waiting for an NFS read/write to occur
- CPU time waiting for a network buffer to be read/written to. eg waiting for a full buffer to clear.
- Anything else??

Grant

PS. How do you set/query the network buffers in Linux?

Animal Logic
http://www.animallogic.com

Please think of the environment before printing this email.

This email and any attachments may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not disclose or use the information contained in it. Please notify the sender immediately and delete this document if you have received it in error. We do not guarantee this email is error or virus free.