SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] IOWait definition
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [SLUG] IOWait definition
- From: Grant Street <grants@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 17:35:57 +1100
- User-agent: Thunderbird 126.96.36.199 (X11/20061222)
I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for
I'm finding it hard to get a definition of what constitutes IOWait.
I know that IOwait is CPU time waiting for IO to happen to physical
local disks, but I'm unsure about the following scenarios and if they
contribute to IOWait:
- CPU time waiting for an NFS read/write to occur
- CPU time waiting for a network buffer to be read/written to. eg
waiting for a full buffer to clear.
- Anything else??
PS. How do you set/query the network buffers in Linux?
Please think of the environment before printing this email.
This email and any attachments may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not disclose or use the information contained in it. Please notify the sender immediately and delete this document if you have received it in error. We do not guarantee this email is error or virus free.