SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Comp TIA+ / CLP
- To: SLUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Comp TIA+ / CLP
- From: Masood <masoodbeh@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 13:25:08 +1000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=EpYD0AaaX5jfVOR0pd8mtH+ZkBfVO8kPHhfxR1yZIOk=; b=bA5L2MEhuiHLUPbQfGGLXeIcNJwGve8u5f3FUR+lp4VoaVvQRN93MewLQ3TGoBapHY fUza++oWs5Qv4nVnY4TGjAtBBZTbhMaseWmIdPJBz/VxBx6dMsu09lnzugcLky9CVarC ghHXU0UplDFYNPL0PqDDE0pgg7VPA2jJ9nfww=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:references; b=rv+9JKhZXanM97p7HufUdY5YyQmxq+m5PS6s6Qu/aZVUqudhXNcYGXv/WMgrl1sTqE PsvhVoqF00JhiGh4cPgdFVzLyxZpdMWTE3OXfrsCvvwKSkiUulWbhAYieD8Ysywhv0Xp 6wy4jvr8GGlcqjvYv4TC2LdYWUjwkKoidKk3Y=
I have LPIC-2 and I recommend it over Linux+ or CLP. LPIC will also be a
good prepration for RHCE. As for study guides, O'Reilly's LPI in a Nutshell
is very good. It covers both LPIC1 and LPIC2 and in LPIC section (
http://www.lpi.org/eng/certification/the_lpic_program) of lpi site you can
find a detail objectives of each exam. www.linuxit.com also provides some
manuals for LPIC-1 for free downloads too. Good luck.
On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 6:03 PM, Blindraven <blindraven@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I did take a peek at the LPI site the other day and found no indication of
> how it works, where I can sit the exam and what material I'd need to be
> studying in order to prepare myself. The site is very vague on this.
> Do you know of any yourself?
> On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 3:26 PM, Sridhar Dhanapalan
> > On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 at 10:23, Blindraven <blindraven@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > About a year ago I was looking to get my RHCE but have since decided to
> > > shoot for a more realistic goal, something to have under my belt as i
> > move
> > > along.
> > > I've heard of the Comp TIA Linux + Cert and the Novell CLP and am
> > wondering
> > > which one would be more industry recognisable.
> > Long story short: anything from CompTIA is rubbish. I can't speak for
> > Novell,
> > but I hear their Linux certs are decent. My recommendation, however,
> > be
> > the LPI certs (lpi.org).
> > --
> > "Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving
> > taxi
> > cabs and cutting hair." - George Burns
> In a world without walls or fences, there would be no need for windows or
> SLUG - Sydney Linux User's Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/
> Subscription info and FAQs: http://slug.org.au/faq/mailinglists.html