SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Best WINE Front end ..?
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Best WINE Front end ..?
- From: Daniel Pittman <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 17:39:24 +1000
- Organization: I know I put it down here, somewhere.
- User-agent: Gnus/5.110006 (No Gnus v0.6) Emacs/23.0.60 (gnu/linux)
Kyle <kl@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I've been looking for a WINE front end to run some MS
> apps. (specifically MYOB, but others as well)
When you say "front end", what are you thinking of?
I ask because my Ubuntu system works exactly as I would expect: running
the MYOB installer through Wine installed the software and added the
"Start Menu" folders and icons into the KDE "Wine" menu.
This is the same as what happened back on Debian, and IIRC has been
fairly standard for a while now.
Running the software from the icon, naturally, fires it up under Wine.
So, what are you actually expecting this "front end" to do?