SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] mountinig a USB flash drive
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] mountinig a USB flash drive
- From: "Owen Townend" <owen.townend@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 23:39:35 +1000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=mXUOdKULVVVC/N7PiF81TWEUrr/JQP92Tq8FDpqkoHE=; b=iLAMLtmBrAesz6NL4B1d5P0kJY5j9D61sQu4+kz4qXPs3AF4t/54w3AuwlohU9WyxQ 5Rz4awx9cQeBBB/qzMRwgsXC8GjVVvgLC4O5bPfIMTkr2vL9UcaCbANqniwpQ7Nz0ZQf 0lXD3BwmzGl8Lj1600zzjXUjp4T6NPvW3iJHY=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references; b=K7kNN3SPlNS/XCM1Ym0JNjub69QcJGNojLKotbVFfQgYiaehLKnfYVdLx19BtzU7Z0 FLm/CT1JfenqNiVcZQHSdqpj7ggTcC5r1WbD/IW0lg7BeWx+RrHQ9jerkPIul93m7EKU j97/AVprLK1w+R73JqLXaF2Yuj5V+4gVn0h8w=
2008/9/22 R.G.Salisbury <rgsalisbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Brief howto .............
> to enable sudo for a non priveleged user
> you will need to
> 1/ edit /etc/sudoers (you need root passwd to do so)
> you will need to boot in safe mode (runlevel 1) from grub & create a root
> password as below:
> 3/ add a line to /etc/sudoers ( run visudo) as below:
> your_username ALL=(ALL) ALL
> 4/ reboot &
> prepend sudo to all priveleged system commands.
> You may need this explained in more detail ( as very brief).
Ubuntu by default has '%admin ALL=(ALL) ALL' in sudoers so if you're
not already in the admin group then simply running `adduser <username>
admin` from the safemode described above would fix that.
Though, during installation the first user created should be added to
the admin group and given privileges for devices by default.