SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Choosing a sensible host
- To: Jim Donovan <jimd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Choosing a sensible host
- From: Daniel Morrison <email@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 21:13:44 +1000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Thunderbird 126.96.36.199 (X11/20080724)
Jim Donovan wrote:
Can anyone suggest a better host which also allows SSH logins?
Quadra Hosting have Australian servers, nice value plans, and in my
experience, zero noticeable downtime. SSH access with a bash shell is
available, you just need to fill in a form.
Their servers do however run FreeBSD, not Linux. Then again, if you want
security and stability, maybe thats a good thing <ducks> :-)