SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] keyboard layouts
- To: david <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] keyboard layouts
- From: Ben <shadroth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 20:22:31 +1000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=n+um2U+63F1AqZjnWh2iX+dU1YwJ2Tbq5mJDavkAczs=; b=CzFED4IOrqHu0T58l7OCfSU5dZvRGtW4ZLqwv5rtFzPgFxU9Wv+y7WgrDLZoi3n7vJ JFsptgxFPgfQAcqdosxSRe4BuFz90MVIKCxLoE7xZmxRpgYOcrePCOxmbxRgXZ3M18rn mwLtUMWzEti0eO8kST11C41oIiU4ahP3bsxcE=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references; b=lzz7wTQEe62PmBOy8slv05Qse8bW9AJOdVMNc7X7k5kgx1Gpm8sGcYmUXjYENhmlIg GdTb35NfNgznUIQuipH0xwX7qSZtyX45y2mlyCPXfDK3yjcE2yQtFtnVzyyaDEzLoQWO hkLxzE9ylMOqmidyWSOLyaCp9L/mOI9tc6nDI=
You may find it useful to grab the colemak layout files from
colemak.com and see how they've done it. Colemak is available from the
menu in Hardy, but before then you needed to do things manually.
On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 1:07 PM, david <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've bought an ASUS laptop which has some strange keyboard configurations.
> How do you customise the keyboard layout in Hardy? The system preferences
> tool only does specific pre-ordained layouts like Dvorak etc. I want to make
> keys do odd things (eg, the "enter" key to become a period... it makes sense
> when you see the layout)
> What I need is a tool or config file to make any given key do exactly what
> *I* want it to do.
> SLUG - Sydney Linux User's Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/
> Subscription info and FAQs: http://slug.org.au/faq/mailinglists.html