SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Choosing a sensible host
- To: SLUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Choosing a sensible host
- From: "Lindsay Holmwood" <lindsay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 16:11:48 +1000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:sender :to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references :x-google-sender-auth; bh=JM7j/djXszKkXP8wwtJgdILqZuNvJM7UHjiYIWi4UK4=; b=HI55qrAIp72f16cWrx8UPKVmUWlnmR+dd3cienTotCzBQatvykX1RH79R/+6D4AhgM jePMIeMEDTcBL4+wtW0M9Fi/vfjVaC6eMG7KnFZcUnn+/GAAZSA+K2ekR/+eCZIdV66C Vt4T+Ayk/iIMFfUU7yfxJSkiYjoe0UMt0u4ak=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references:x-google-sender-auth; b=XeSgG5kvwxr7c2vCyxaxjL6EQHwWJ+naJKlUTRjW63tdoKWlLhobjRT/2jsRjysWrj hnnQC+Y3detbP9kguG+YkeICDY02/Z/Zz2/5BCmu8pt8pCKmZ989pnR5KGBshNtby4Kn tIBuxpE3PWPEHxYsPC3LWJhUW+LlpFgtdhCVc=
2008/9/22 Jim Donovan <jimd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I run a site with about 20MB of files and a finite amount of traffic.
> We've been using a $100/100MB plan with Smartyhost which gives us SSH access and a linux server.
> Unfortunately, smarty's service seems to be falling off. They keep trying to move us to a server which does not allow SSH logins. And they seem unable to keep our webstats running.
Thanks MYOB! 
> Can anyone suggest a better host which also allows SSH logins?
If you're looking for bargain basement hosting, I can recommend
Digital Pacific. They have a bunch of basic plans that would
probably suit your needs.
SSH access isn't on by default, but if you shoot them an email
they'll enable it for you.
DISCLAIMER: they are a client of mine, but I don't get paid commissions. :-)
http://slug.org.au/ (the Sydney Linux Users Group)