SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Kubuntu Hardy DVDRW not seen
- To: Masood <masoodbeh@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Kubuntu Hardy DVDRW not seen
- From: david <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 22:37:01 +1000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx, bill <billb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Thunderbird 22.214.171.124 (X11/20080724)
Check kernel messages, dmesg, to see if it's been loaded properly and also
to what device it's been assigned under /dev/
If it's different to your /dev/fstab entry, change accordingly. I don't
think UUID is applied to DVD drives.
correct... quote from my fstab:
/dev/scd0 /media/cdrom0 udf,iso9660 user,noauto,exec,utf8 0 0
/dev/scd1 /media/cdrom1 udf,iso9660 user,noauto,exec,utf8 0 0
both dvd writers
On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 11:30 AM, bill <billb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Have Kubuntu Hardy installed and running fine for ages.
Replaced DVDRW with new unit, now it is not "seen" by system/k3b etc. Boots
fine from a linux livecd/dvd.
I assume that this is because of the "fantastic" UUID system.
How do I 'Fix" it? Is it simply a matter of something like changing a
SLUG - Sydney Linux User's Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/
Subscription info and FAQs: http://slug.org.au/faq/mailinglists.html