SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] mt for backup to DAT tape
- To: Mick Pollard <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] mt for backup to DAT tape
- From: Ben Donohue <donohueb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 19:31:20 +1000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Thunderbird 22.214.171.124 (Windows/20080708)
that worked. mt installed now.
now i'm trying to figure out what device it is...
I have two DAT drives connected via SCSI.
|mt -f /dev/st0 status
says no such file or directory.
Are these devices supposed to be detected on startup?
Or do I make the directories and then they will be detected, or
different devices not st0 or st1?
I'm currently looking for info on this but any pointers greatly appreciated.
Mick Pollard wrote:
On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 00:28:36 +1000
Daryl Thompson <daryl.francis.thompson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
you should be able to install the mt with
yum install mt
yum install mt-st
It is in the base repo of CentOS 5.2
note this will need to be run as root