SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] ATO/wine
- To: david <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] ATO/wine
- From: Marghanita da Cruz <marghanita@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 15:00:37 +1000
- Cc: Dean Hamstead <dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Organization: Ramin Communications
- Reply-to: marghanita@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Icedove 22.214.171.124 (X11/20061220)
Rick Welykochy wrote:
Dean Hamstead wrote:
appdb shows a fail
i spent a few hours on it, until i just drove to my inlaws and used XP.
seriosly didnt seem worth the effort for a once off usage.
There is another option, but it may cost you. I had a bit of whinge
to the ATO just yesterday about the application running only on Windows.
The clerk was sympathetic and mentioned this site:
thanks.. but I have a tax agent anyway. I was curious what on-line
services are available.. my tax agent has 'net/ATO access to things
about me that even I didn't know!
Naturally I'm p-ed off that the ATO spends our money supporting Bill. Is
there any good reason for this? or just typical IT laziness?
It's discussed here and maybe here's the key (Linux security works too well?):
Users will also require full administration rights on their PCs to use e-tax.
Marghanita da Cruz
Phone: (+61)0414 869202